Most Addictive Drugs in the Market
Humans created helpful innovations that made life easier on Earth. Nonetheless, they have also invented ways to use these innovations in destructive manners. Among these discoveries that were used in harmful ways are illicit drugs.
Drugs are medications originally intended to remedy different health conditions. However, if these drugs are abused and misused, it may lead to severe effects which can cause death.
For this reason, every pharmaceutical company like Future Pharmacy is regulated by the government to make sure that drug misuse will be prevented.
Here are a few of the drugs which are most addictive and deadly:
- Amphetamines. This drug is a central nervous stimulant which affects the brain and the nerves, contributing to hyperactivity and impulse control. It was originally used to treat ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Since its effects are strong, it produces pleasure sensations that further contribute to its addictive quality.
- Methadone. Methadone is used as an opioid medication because it blocks the effects of heroin and other prescription drugs that contain opiates. But when methadone is misused, it can lead to addiction. Despite being a useful treatment for heroin addiction, methadone is considered more addictive than heroin. Its withdrawal symptoms are worse and even more difficult to bear.
- Nicotine. 16 million Americans suffer from serious illnesses caused by smoking nicotine. When we are exposed to nicotine, our heart rate, as well as our heart stroke volume, increases. It is also known to raise alertness, euphoria, and relaxing sensations.
- Cocaine. Used as a local anesthesia for surgeries, cocaine is also an addictive stimulant that produces dangerous physical effects, such as rapid heart rate and increased blood pressure. At least 14 million people use cocaine worldwide, making this industry flourish despite its illegality.
- Crystal Meth. Crystal methamphetamine is a strong addictive drug that also affects the central nervous system. Its production is considered illegal because there is no legal use for it. Crystal meth gives people a powerful rush: everyone who tries it gets hooked instantly.
- Heroin. Heroin is considered as the most addictive substance on earth. People who use heroin feel a surge of pleasure and euphoria right after they take it. When used for a longer period, a person may develop insomnia, liver and kidney disease, sexual dysfunction for men, and irregular menstrual cycles for women. Overdosing on crystal meth can also lead to one’s death.
These are not the only drugs that can lead to addiction. When drugs available in every Pharmacy in Old Nridge NJare used in a manner different from that prescribed, addiction may possibly result.
So how will we get away from the misuse and abuse of drugs? We always need to ask pharmacists before we purchase and use medications like those we buy in our Neighborhood Pharmacy in East Windsor, New Jersey.